Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp

Old 10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp

Do you guys think that slp exhaust is a good exhaust to get?? If not what exhaust do you think I should get??
Old 10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Love my Magnaflow and loved my Borla. SLP Loudmouth only sounds good on cars with stock manifolds and cats IMO. Listen for yourself. www.ls1sounds.com
Old 10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on many factors, such as money, future mods, sound preference, ect. The more details you give us the better.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Are you talking about the Dual/Dual or Loudmouths? The dual/dual is as good a flowing exhaust as you will find for an ORY set-up. And is one of the more quite exhausts available. The loudmouth flows great as well and sounds as good as any at WOT, but the drone WILL drive you nuts with enough time behind the wheel. The loudmouth II I have never heard. Dont pull the trigger too fast on an exhaust or you'll be buying 2 or 3 like the rest of us.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

slp makes a great exhaust. i have the long tube headers and high flow cats and everything is great.....their loudmouth goes by its name, so it is loud, but if you don't mind some noise it's a good one
Old 10-25-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

their LT headers hang way down apparently and scrape all the time on lowered cars, pacesetter has better headers

their 'loudmouth' exhaust is just a bunch of stainless pipes, no muffler, its just really expensive straight pipes, you can get the exact same sound by cutting off your muffler

in short, SLP exhaust sucks, and is really expensive
Old 10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

Also, I dont recommend their headers. My brother has them and although they make good power, he is lowered and they scrape.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cop Car
their LT headers hang way down apparently and scrape all the time on lowered cars, pacesetter has better headers

their 'loudmouth' exhaust is just a bunch of stainless pipes, no muffler, its just really expensive straight pipes, you can get the exact same sound by cutting off your muffler

in short, SLP exhaust sucks, and is really expensive
You must be forgetting about the Dual/Dual. Great for daily drivers that want a quiet high flow exhaust. Of course with a cutout with the flip of a switch you go from quiet to loud. So in short, SLP doesnt suck, though it is expensive I'll give ya that.

Search this Thread