Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 vette has a rough idle when warm?

Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 vette has a rough idle when warm?

I purchased a 99 FRC a couple months ago and lately have noticed when it gets warm it has a very noticable shake at idle. Last weekend I put in new TR 55's and MSD wires and had a friend hook up his scan tool and everything look good. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? BTW the car has 47k miles on it.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm... not a corvette expert here. Please ignore if you like.

Recently my winter car (subaru) threw a code. It was the idle air control valve. So I unscrewed it (very close to throttle body) and it had a lot of black gunk around it - it draws air/crap from the crank case. And I cleaned it all out.

I haven't checked it on my LS1 yet but it might help if you did.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine done that at 50k and it had dirt on the wires in the maf. You can take the spray carb cleaner and clean the inside of the maf. Just don't touch the maf wires with anything but the spray. Also did you check the codes on the car? Not sure if you know this but you don't have to have a scan tool to do it.http://www.97vette.com/howto/codes/index.html

Search this Thread