Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake swap help: quick question

Old 11-02-2006, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake swap help: quick question

Hello all,

I am getting ready to swap a ls6 into the place of my stock manifold. I have been reading JMx's "ls1howto" site and was wondering if someone could clarify why the write up says to buy the two items(the new coolant line and plug) for the swap?

Also, is it worth doing the ls6 pcv swap and grinding the block? It sounds like a good mod if it can take care of the infamous ls1 oil leakage.

Thank you.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:32 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You want the new ones because they go in front and behind. When you take your stocker off you will see that it goes over the valley cover. One big piece. The LS6 intake has a flat bottom and will not seal very well with those lines there. You can flatten them out with a dead blow if you don't want to try and put the new ones on. I did that on my FAST intake the first time, but have since changed that out for the LS6 style.

I have a stock LS1 pcv that works great on one car and LS6 pcv on the other. No oil in the intake on the LS6.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So should I just order the parts JMX lists in his write up? And should I do the ls1 to ls6 pcv conversion? It looks like a definite improvement. It unclutters the engine and produces crankcase ventilation completely different than an ls1.

Search this Thread