Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Ported TB recently....got a question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Ported TB recently....got a question

I received my Shaner S3 the day before I was going to move out of my roommates house and decided since my tools were not packed up to put it on. I put it on and everything seemed good. I drove it around a little and sometimes at a stoplight my revs stayed at about 1500rpm. I didn't drive it much during the move at all, just once so a coworker helping me move could follow me in the U-Haul.....so I only did granny driving then and noticed the same thing at a stoplight (1500rpm idle) but then the rev's dropped to my normal idle speed after a few seconds. This was last Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

I drove my car normally yesterday for the first time since the move and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, although I wasn't really paying close attention to the idle speed really. The PTB really made a difference in response and it took care of the slight bog I had caused by the 3.42's.

The question is, is the car learning the new flow of the throttle body and adjusting for it, or could my IAC valve be tripping out? Is there anything I need to check or should I just drive it a bit more and see if it works its way out?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

The idle should be funky for a little bit.
Drive it again. If everything's normal, you're fine.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snuffles
The idle should be funky for a little bit.
Drive it again. If everything's normal, you're fine.
Thanks! That's what I needed to know.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

It will relearn the idle. If you have access to a scanner or know someone who does, it might help to adjust the set screw. Your IAC counts should be in the 60~70steps range at a warm idle. If they're lower, you need to close the blade a little because too much air is getting in. If everything looks good with the IAC and you still have an issue, I would blame the epoxy used to cover the IAC breather holes.