Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp rumbler cat back

Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsp rumbler cat back

so the tsp is basically a loudmouth with a dynomax bullet instead of a loudmouth resonators correct? my main question is will this exhaust still be loud and agressive but without the rasp of the loudmouth. im hoping to order this tonight or tommrow morning because im tired of the 98 ss single side exhaust. do you guys recommend the tsp rumbler?
Old 11-09-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

i didn't care for the sound of mine with stock headers/cats.. it sounded like a 4x4 with glasspacks but under a pillow. theres no rasp.. some drone though, but that's not the bad part.

now if you don't have cats, i could see it sounding much better but being insanely loud too.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the TSP Rumbler with the Bassani ORY and stock manifolds! I loved it at first but now I'm looking to either tame the over bearing drone or just change to another C/B.

At first it was nice having a LOUD ace LS1 but it will wear on you, PROMISE!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Get you a Hooker Catback. Nice and quiet to you nail it type of system. I have saved a bunch of $ on Goody powders since I took my drone generator off. Tell you something else. I bought a set of rectangular tips from Fast Toys and they change the tone on my ride to a deeper sound which I really like. 304 Stainless 2/$100.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are the sort of person who likes loud exhaust like proper old school muscle cars then I think you'll hate the Hooker catback.

It's not a bad exhaust, but for my own personal taste it's probably the worst sounding of any catback for the LS1.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Teching In

well if the tsp isnt what i would be looking for then what would give me that old muscle car rumble that im looking for? for soem kind of reasonable price
Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How about Magnaflow?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/604339-tsp-rumbler-flowmaster-1-chamber.html

it drones real bad...has some rasp..although rasp is subjective. Your best bet is to listen to some cars with different exhaust. Most traditional muffler exhaust sound okay, then get louder with headers. The best sounding in my opinion is a true dual exhaust with flowmaster 1 chambers. Cost is relative..what is a reasonable price to you. If you have the slp optional exhaust...two on the one side. I'd look into jsut doing headers because the slp dual dual and two on teh driver side exhaust sound really good when you add headers, they're jsut quiet in stock form. i wish i kept my dual/dual and jsut added headers.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Teching In

how about the loudmouth 2? i cant tell from ls1sounds but maybe some of you with experience can tell me what its like.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Launching!

I LOVED my lm2 with stock manifolds. It sounded like the ultimate bad *** muscle car. To me? It wasn't loud. It droned a bit. But I'm running LT's now. What's drone? haha.

I'd vote LMII versus the Rumbler due to the fact that the LM's stainless. And 379 or 389 is not a bad price.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does have some rasp and some drone, but whether or not that's caused by running no cats IDK, as for loud, no it's not insanely loud, you know it has an exhaust on it, but until you go WOT it's not IMO alot louder than stock (neighbors haven't bitched yet)
If it works there's a sound clip in my sig (hasn't been working for some reason)
Old 11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

2K2WS6TA, what do you consider LOUD then?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hooker cat-back= worst sounding cat-back IMO
LM= like its name LOUD if u dont like loud DONT EGT THIS EXHAUST
Rumbler+owned this exhaust...not as loud as the LM but loud and really drony and gave me a headace with LT's and a Catted Y
Old 11-09-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
2K2WS6TA, what do you consider LOUD then?
F110 with the wick lit
Really I don't think it's insanely loud just idling in the driveway, and driving it like a normal person
If I want to get a little crazy then yes it's alot louder than stock
(FWIW I work around jet engines all day, you want loud put an F110 into full AB you'll get FARKING LOUD)
Old 11-09-2006, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Get the rumbler you will love it its better than the lm1, Mine is sitting in my yard as of now.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i actually still have my rumbler...but its missing the pipe shaped like an L that makes the tailpipe for the pass side, but the I-pipe muffler and the pipe that goes over the axle are still in GREAT condition if anyone is interested
Old 11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cwalk26
how about the loudmouth 2? i cant tell from ls1sounds but maybe some of you with experience can tell me what its like.

pretty much any catback with jsut a straight through tubular muffler..i.e. lm, lm2 and tsp rumbler will have some rasp and drone. A traditional muffler like hooker, magnaflow..ect will cut down a lot of rasp and drone.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
How about Magnaflow?

I was thinking that myself. THe magna flow is pretty cheap and sounds good.

Asfar as the TSP, a guy on here is stationed w/ me... Nitehawk, He's got the TSP, ORY and LT's On an LT1, tho... IT's Friggin OMG!... ... ...

I heard his car in BACK of mine! OVER my Borla! it wasn't the Volume that got me, it was the overall tone! THE throaties sounding EXH I've heard on an F-body!.... Maybe just the LT1... but it sounded soo FKN good! I had goosebumps for days after!

Now what I concider LOUD is LM1 w/ LT's and Cats OR ORY... THat's kinda pushing it. I also concider my Borla Quiet..

Last edited by bayer-z28; 11-09-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
but until you go WOT it's not IMO alot louder than stock (neighbors haven't bitched yet)
hahahahahaha.. talk about spitting out some bad information to people.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the Rumbler and stock manifolds and stock cats. Very little if any rasp. There is a pretty good drone though but for a low buck exhaust (I picked up mine wiht no tips and pit a couple cheap turndowns on instead) it fits the bill. I just wanted loud and inexpensive but running an open cutout would just ba pain and too loud at idle.

Magnaflow sounds decent.. super quiet compared to the Rumbler but the tips on the Magnaflow are too redneck truck looking for my tastes. LM's are just loud all the time.. at idle.. part throttle.. everyhitng. LM is Stainless steel and will outlast the Rumbler by far but When my rumbler rusts out it will just be an excuse to try somehitng new! With no cats on a stock cam LS1 just about all exhausts will have a bit of rasp unless its true duals. With a lumpy cam though Ls1's seem to loose the rasp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tsp rumbler cat back