Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable throttle cable

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adjustable throttle cable

I am using a carb style manifold with a elbow from intakeelbows.com, and we can't adjust the cable fully. Under WOT, the TPS will shows 99%, but then if we use our hand we can still move the TB blade about a 1/4" more. We have tryed adjusting the stock cable as much as possible, but it can only do so much. Are there any aftermarket throttle cables that I can consider? Thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Dex
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the tps says ts 99% open then it doesn't need to be open any more. You could try to put zip ties on the cable that the gass pedal. Just pull the cable back and put a few between the pedal and the cable stop. Does the blade look like its at a 90 degree angle?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:51 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if there are too many manufactures out there that make throttle stuff for non-carbed cars from the factory, so I would imagine that you are going to have to go with something for a SBC or BBC motor. Barry Grant/Lokar/Edelbrock/Holley/Moroso...ect. Good place to start.