Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about a starter

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a starter

I own a 2002 Camaro SS for a about a 18 months and I'm getting ready to put on my third starter. It's the same thing every time, I try to start my car in the morning and nothing. I then either push start it, because it has a manual trans, or jump start it. I drive like that for a day or so and then I can't start it at all. I had my battery tested and it's ok. I thought it might be the alternator but my voltage on the battery doesn't change while I'm driving it. Does any one else have a smilliar problem with their car?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm assuming you can't start because the battery is drained?

Sounds like you have a slow electrical drain coming from somewhere. you should turn the car off and take off the positive battery terminal, then hook a multimeter inline and see how many milliams you are drawing when the entire car is off. If it's a lot you can start pulling fuses one by one and see what area is drawing too much current when the car is off.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Teching In

I will use the multimeter and see what happens. I don't think my battery is drained. I think I burnt up the cyloniod Sp? when I was jump starting it and that is why I can't jump it anymore.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Teching In

ttt...