Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*help With Fast Intake* !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *help With Fast Intake* !!!!!!!!!!!

i have a 06 gto and i bought a fast intake for it. when i installed it, the bolts would not torque down and i heard a "crack" come to find out, the bolts below the manifold for the oil galley plate are too tall and are replaced by new ones in the fast intake kit. "yet" i bought mine used and was not given these or told about them!! so! after taking the intake back off, there is three cracks under the intake.

so! my question is??? since i don't have the correct bolts for the galley plate, does someone have a pic or specs for the bolts so i can grind mine down and know there will be no clearence issues! but still enough material to grab on to?

any help please!!! thxs jeff
Old 11-18-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was lucky and read a thread here about needing slimmer headed bolts for the fast intake and bought a dozen from a local bolt supplier when my car was apart. I got bolts which use an allen wrench to screw down as they had the slimmest head and they were slightly shorter (in length) though. I just finished installing my fast intake yesterday and all is well so far except for a check engine light. Just take one of the stock bolts to a bolt or fastener supply store and ask for some with an allen head. I have two more of the bolts so if you really end up in a bind I can send you one to match or even buy 10 and send them to you. Don't bother calling FAST as I tried and they don't sell the bolts seperately.

I also had a few other small issues:

I had to slightly bend my ls6 coolant tube under the front of the intake to clear the intake.

I had to come up with a few nuts to install the throttle linkage plate

I needed a longer bolt and had to come up with 3 nuts for installing the throttle body.

Good Luck

Last edited by v8hunter; 11-18-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear about that. You need to remove the stock bolts and switch to a cap (rounded) bolt with an allen head. I also had to bend the front coolant line for clearance and use longer TB bolts as well.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Pretty sure you can buy these from FAST. They come in a hardware kit that includes all the original nuts and bolts that came with the manifold. Its like $30.

I too bought one of these used and the valley bolts did not find there way to me. Still waiting on the seller to send em out.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you read the directions?