Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing IAC

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing IAC

I finally found the problem with my car and the weird idle searching it is doing. I put a new IAC in and the problem is still there. However if I run without the IAC plugged in the car idles great and seems to respond a little better. Is it safe to run without the IAC. If so can I just leave the IAC in the throttle body unplug it and ground out the connection some way so it doesn't throw a code? I don't see what it would hurt if anything. I know alot of people have removed IAC but I don't know if the run anything else instead. Can I get some insite on this.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Still no response? Damn guys I know that someone knows something about this.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

You probably have some **** built up in the IAC bore and just need to clean it out. Try something like TB cleaner, Brakekleen, small brush, rag, ect. to clean it out.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HeapaShifter
You probably have some **** built up in the IAC bore and just need to clean it out. Try something like TB cleaner, Brakekleen, small brush, rag, ect. to clean it out.
Yup, maybe a can of compressed air or something..
Old 11-20-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

I've already done that. My throttle body is so clean right now I would personally eat off the damned thing. I put so white lithium based grease on the spring and plunger of the IAC valve to see if it will help loosen it up a little bit. I'm beginning to thing something is up with the ECM because it only does it when it is cold outside and only when the car has been running awhile. I tried idle relearn and nothing. I'm about to reset the ECM but I really don't want to do that if I don't have to.