Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cut out placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR Trac pack and true duals

2 part question...let me give some background info first.

I have a BMR track pack and I want to run true duals ( I guess). I will soon have an LE2.2 package installed, Kooks stepped LT's. I want to have a set up that will produce the max power but without too much noise. I realize that really an oxymoron, but I figured with cut outs I could modulate the noise, and with the LT's and 3" pipe I could get the power.

Ideally I'd like to run the LT, then 3" pipe off them (a nice Y pipe), back to the BMR crossbar, throw in dual cut outs then run a single (or X pipe) through the hole for the exhaust in the BMR bar, then run a single out the back (and I could keep my catback and re-use it in this setup). This single back would keep my noise down, and the cut outs would essentially provide an open exhaust with the flip of a switch. So 1st question how (or can I) do this?

Second question...The concern I have is how close can the cutout be to the O2 sensor, without it affecting timing? I have heard if I have the cut outs open and they are too close to the O2's it will bring in some fresh air and cut timing thus hurting performance. Could I do away with O2 sensors and avoid this issue?

Any thoughts guys. Anyone tried this or something similar. I am getting older and don't want to deal with the noise 24/7, but I don't want to compromise my power.

Last edited by pharmd; 11-24-2006 at 06:22 AM. Reason: misleading topic
Old 11-24-2006, 06:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone have a bmr trac pack and have this problem?
Old 11-24-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you will be ok if the cutouts are about 2 feet away from the 02s...you want to have a y pipe and an x pipe?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

No, one or the other. With the BMR kit, I have a bar that runs across the bottom of the car. You don't have room to run true duals past it. It has a hump for the stock exhaust to pass through, its prolly big enough for 4" exhaust MAX. I figured if I can run the cut outs safely I'll do that and run a regular cat back through the hump. If I can't run cut outs safely, then I'll try to put the narrow point of the x pipe dead center in the hump, and run true duals before and after the bar, with turn downs at the rear axel. Look up the BMR track pack on Thunders site and you'll see what I mean.