Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you think.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what do you think.

I live in a smog **** state (ca) I want long tubes but they will fail me on visual. I have a hot cam which is tunned good and you would have to know your stuff real good to tell it has a cam, anyway it is an 01 so it has the better manifolds but I was thinking since the cats unbolt out I should get some old ones and hallow them out (btw I have a custom cat back y pipe and spintech muffler on it) and when I have to smog it I will just put the real ones back on.

is this set up going to get me any noticeable diference? what kind of hp gain would you expect?
Old 11-24-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes L-T will add some decent power to your car. However, you'd probably want to tweak your tune.

I'm not sure if hollowing our the cats will be worth more than 5 HP.

Do you have a dyno graph of your car with the hotcam? I'd like to see the results with stock manifolds.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

340 @ the wheels with bad cats and a lid
Old 12-01-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangefun
I live in a smog **** state (ca) I want long tubes but they will fail me on visual. I have a hot cam which is tunned good and you would have to know your stuff real good to tell it has a cam, anyway it is an 01 so it has the better manifolds but I was thinking since the cats unbolt out I should get some old ones and hallow them out (btw I have a custom cat back y pipe and spintech muffler on it) and when I have to smog it I will just put the real ones back on.

is this set up going to get me any noticeable diference? what kind of hp gain would you expect?
for the price i would get the jba's from jim
Old 12-01-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think shorties or mids would be your best bet to pass visual. Still no garantee(sp?) on if you will pass emissions. Your tuner could probably tune your car really lean. I've heard that helps to pass emissions.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shorties are only good for a few HP on post 2000 F-bodies, and most are $$$.