Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help!

The day before yesterday I was driving in the rain, cause I got cought in a real bad storm, there was a lot of water on the road, and I had to go through some of it. After I did, it started acting up, Like it was going to die, it would start stuttering and spitting. When I would hit the gas it would sound like it would completely die out, so I would have to play with the throttle to keep it half way alive. Well it finally cleared up and it started driving fine, I got home and let it sit for the last couple of days and I went out today while it was nice and dry everywhere to see if it will still do it. And it did, So I took out my passenger side 02 sensor and it was black as ****, mind you this is the second one that I put in the car in about a months time. I cleaned it off as best as I could and put it back in, The car starts up fine and idles great, but when you put it in gear and drive about a block it starts cutting out again.
I allready checked my spark plug wires and everything they are all nice and snug, and it has brandnew spark plugs in it.

Do you think I might have some water in the fuel, or what,

It is an auto, 02 z28, I have headers and TD's Dumped on it.

I checked my air filter and it was nice and dry.

Hope you can help. thanks in advance

Lane
Old 11-24-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what's going on... unless that side 02 wiring arced against the header somewhere, ENG SEN fuse OK? What made you start there, any codes? TTT for ya.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Teching In

I had the same problem about a year ago every time it rained. I found that the connector for the R/S O2 sensor extension had hit the header and melted so whenever it rained the wires and pins got wet. When I finally found it the connector was full of water. Once I replaced it i never had the problem again. I would check both sensor connectors for corrosion or moisture.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks, guys.

No the reason I started looking there, it did it to me before. So I put it on a computer and found out what was happening, and it was the Right side 02, So that was the first place I looked today, But I will look again tomorrow and make sure I did not look over anything.