Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1OTL Idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1OTL Idea

There was a thread not long ago bout someone doing a 1olt. I've been contemplating the same Idea. I have a 80 series FM that was on the car when I bought it. My idea is to cut the muffler off at the inlet and replace it with a 3" Borla XR-1 offset so it tucks up higher (less noticable) and dump it like a Mufflex as high as I can and paint the whole set-up black (again, so its less noticable). Guess you could call it a Borlamouth without the LM,; or better yet, a 1DOTL (1 dumped out the left). My Q: would there be a sound differance between the center/center and the offset version, both being a 3" XR-1 Sportsman. I want it as little seen as possible and be deep; which is what the Borla is known for.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a single hidden tip on the driver side. I've noticed if i'm standing the passenger side of my car, its a tad quieter, not much. I'm still on stock manifolds though, i'm sure lts will wake the sound up a lot.