Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EGR removal

I know subject has been bruoght up many times ,but im still not sure about proper removal.Its a 99 TA M6 , I ordered A AIR/EGR kit from.ws6store.com i recieved 3 metal plates w/gaskets.I was under the impression the EGR pipe going into the intake was completly removed?am i wrong?the kit i recieved does not include anything to cover the intake,@installuniversity. it only shows it being cut 1.25 inch? Id appreciate any help fellows.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:21 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be removing the EGR tube/solenoid from the engine bay completely. You'll need a 1-3/8" adjustable freeze plug to fill the hole, which you should be able to find in one of the stickies at the top of this section.

The "cutting the pipe" is for if you're leaving it in place. The block off plates are for complete removal. You will get the SES light for removing these things untill you get someone to tune the codes out.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
You will be removing the EGR tube/solenoid from the engine bay completely. You'll need a 1-3/8" adjustable freeze plug to fill the hole, which you should be able to find in one of the stickies at the top of this section.

The "cutting the pipe" is for if you're leaving it in place. The block off plates are for complete removal. You will get the SES light for removing these things untill you get someone to tune the codes out.
Great thanks for clearing that up.