Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacestter and Flowmaster dumps

Old 11-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacestter and Flowmaster dumps

I wanna get the Pacesetter headers...was thinkin about running them to a custom X-pipe to flowmaster one chamber mufflers w/ turndowns...i dont want a LOUD *** exhaust system. will this be really loud inside the car? i would think so becuz they're turndowns but i never road in a car w/ turndowns...so idk
Old 11-27-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read anywhere on here about a TD system dumped before the axle...it will be a "LOUD *** exhaust system" quoting you. You will notice vibrations and noise making rattles you never knew you had before you dumped the exhaust under the car! I've also heard of not being able to have a descent conversation with the engine under load...

I'm going to do Pacesetters into an ORY-pipe into the stock SS Muffler for now. If I get complaints on the muffler sound, I'll buy a magnaflow or hooker...etc.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol so you pick the loudest one possible?

If you don't want loud then get catted y-pipe w/magnaflow/tsp rambler/flowmaster catback.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, the dumps i used to have on mine were so loud that as i was going thru my work's garage, i set off about a hundred alarms! Funny as hell but is so damn annoying when trying to think, listen to music or talk to someone.

Search this Thread