Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kind of an open header question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kind of an open header question

well i got a 2000 ss, if messed around with my exhaust so many times, and i need to put some kind of a cheap exhaust to get back and forth to work, right now i have the stock exhaust manifolds and then mufflex cat-bypasses, which is the same length of a stock cat, but just straight through, then i was thinking about putting a flowmaster 1 chamber at the end of each cat by-pass, so this way the muffler will give some sort of a scaveging effect, and plus just open, with no muffler sounds like ****, how will my power be, will i loose power, or will it perfrom well.
thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are going to want a merge collector be it an X,H,or Y. That will maximize your scavenging better than two totally separate pipes.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't put those mufflers there...unless you really need a temporary exhaust for the time being...it's going to be LOUD

Better to route it into a y or x like mentioned for optimum performance, and better sound.