Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought my first go fast parts, you opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 05:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Just bought my first go fast parts, you opinion?

Okay, so i found out lastnight that,

Alcohol+being horny for gofast parts=f*ckin the pooch ($$$ wise)

Heres what I order:

SLP STB
SLP Lid
SLP Fanswitch (had one on 30th anv. Z28 and loved so i thought, screw it)
02 simulators
Hooker Cat-back (LOVE that maroon T/A on LS1sounds.com!!!!)
Edelbrock LT headers (weld collectors)w/Ti-tech coating
Edelbrock Y-pipe

Now mind you the car BONESTOCK down to the paper filter w/only 15.6k on the clock and driven by the folks every sunday morning so its cherry all the way around.

A)What kinda gains do guys think i'll see with this first 1k i've put in to her?

B)Does anyone have know ABOUT what kinda No.s Edelbrock LTs are yielding?

Im hoping for like 20-25 HP and like 25 ft.lbs TQ...i dunno im also kinda curious as to what shes puttin at the wheels rightnow in stock form

C)Anyone running LTs with Stage 8's header bolt kit? any good/bad things about it?

Im also gunna get new GM manifold gaskets, granetelli (sp?) wires and NGK TR 55's but i'll wait till i get back to the states to get that stuff. Im hoping for like 20-25 HP and like 25 ft.lbs TQ...i dunno im also kinda curious as to what shes puttin at the wheels rightnow in stock form. Okay i'll stop blabbering now, Im just SOOOOO excited about all these parts waiting for me when i get back to the states, and seeing my new Baby for the first time in real life and of course working on MY OWN LS1!! No more dreaming about it
Old 12-09-2006, 06:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have no problem seeing the gains that you want from those mods. 25hp/tq for a lid + full exhaust is pretty reasonable.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

You'll gain 20+ with headers alone. You will want a tune to pick up some more. I would skip plug wires on a low mile car like that IMO.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:45 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have saved 100$ on the simulators. you are gonna need a tune soon anyway at this rate. they can delete that crap out. Atleast you can get like 50-60$ kick back and sell them on here.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Should have saved 100$ on the simulators. you are gonna need a tune soon anyway at this rate. they can delete that crap out. Atleast you can get like 50-60$ kick back and sell them on here.

Yeah, ya know i did think of that but knowin my *** it'll be a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG time before i ever get a tune. Unfortunately, but yeah if and when it happens thats most likely what'll wind up doing...by the way does anyone know what Jeremy F. in tampa charges for a tune?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:52 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

I think that a tune in general costs $400-500. If it is anywhere outside that mark you better be getting a reach around.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't skimp on a tune. It'll run smoother and get the most out of the mods. Most places only require the full fee the first time, any other mods you do all you pay is dyno time. (At least thats how most places are around here) BTW I love my EB LT's... the quality is great.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:34 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Yeah, and some places are cool enough to do it free of charge.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob, call me the day you get back in town brotha. We'll throw your bucket on the rollers and get 2-3 baseline pulls. Then I'll be more than happy to help you get everything installed on the car. Figure about 4-6 hours start to finish to install everything. It took my 5.5 on the last car I did LT's, ORY, cat back.

Plug wires, no. New manifold gaskets, no. Send the 02 SIMS back and save the money. Other than keeping the SES light off your dash, it won't make the car any faster. Put that money towards a tune.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Well it deff. wouldn't hurt....i could get the !CAGS done too...hmm what else could i have done PCM wise while i was at it MAYBE have it leaned out slightly ?? idk...hmmm....
Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't have bought painted headers, but all you need now is a UD pulley and to port your TB.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:46 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stage 8 bolts suck. I've had my stockers in and out about 9 times now, no problems. The "locker" on the stage 8 bolts is impossibly hard to install, and not necessary.

Clean the factory loctite off the stock bolts, then use some anti-sieze, tighten from inside to out, then go back over them after a few hundred miles.