Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Sytem Idea

Old 12-10-2006, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV Sytem Idea

WEll, after looking around at differnt ways to delete the PCV system, i decided i didnt want to just filter the oil cap, because it causes the engine bay to get coated with oil residue.. so I stayed up late lastnight (3am) and came up with my own way to do it.

I cut the fitting that goes into the drivers side valve cover and left enough of it to connect some rubber hose to it.

ran that accross the back of the intake and just connected the two together . this allowed me to remove all the stock **** with the foam pads and the "Y" that ran to the front of the motor.

i then ran the front passenger side hose that is supposed to go to the TB back to my catch can.

I used a Foam filter inside the catch can to help reduce the the vapor

then i ran the breather off of the exit of the catch can.

I think using the catch can + a filter in it redused the vapor enough that by the time it gets to the breather, it is just air exiting.

Just an idea for those of you who are looking for a way to delete the PCV without getting oil all over your engine bay..

chris

Old 12-11-2006, 06:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any closer pics. Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very innovative! The only question I have is what's up with the line that goes from the pass side valve cover to the back of the intake...isn't this line supposed to be filtered also with the catch can or how does it connect to a normal catch can installation normally.

Search this Thread