Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters from Speed Inc?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pacesetters from Speed Inc?

After a year of looking and reading Iam getting the header and y kit combo from speed inc.I have a few questions on what comes with the headers before I order.1) Should I use the provided header bolts or go with something else?2) Do the air tube block off plates come with the kit?(going with the off road hardwre)3) Are the supplied clamps any good? And lastly is speed Inc a good site to order from.They seem to have the best price and free shippng so if anyone has had dealings with them chine in.Now where did I put those 4 6 ton jack stands?!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I decided to go with TSP.($500 free shipping) You can reuse your stock bolts or use the ones provided.(your choice) I dont think the air tube block off plates come with it, you will have to buy it separate. I did some searching and it seems like the clamps that come with pacesetters are not very good. Most people use band clamps.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

I got mine from Speed, and would recommend them. I used the stock bolts and gaskets. Used the clamps that came with the kit, but bands would be better. Get off-road headers and u won't need block offs, just a plug for the intake if you don't have a LS6 intake.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info.I do have the ls6 intake. So I dont need the air tube block off plates?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

When I got mine it came with the EGR block off, thats it. The little plate seemed kinda heavy to me and i still hold it responsible for that piece breaking off.....
Old 12-11-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine and they came with the EGR blockoff because I was told the headers didn't come in a 2000 format, so I'd have to block EGR... then I got them, they came with the EGR block off plate and plug for intake. I reused my stock bolts and got new GM gaskets. I had the TSP duals, not the y-pipe, so I just used band clamps. Be warned, the collector the TSP isn't that long, so I currently have a leak because the clamp doesn't sit flush. I need to trim some of my duals so that they sit more towards the rear of the car, good luck.

-J
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to delete them, just get the "race" pacsesetters and don't worry about blockoffs. Looks much cleaner and there's nothing to blow off.

You can reuse your stock bolts (cleaned, then anti-siezed) and stock gaskets, but some people opt for new OEM gaskets. Whatever you do, DON'T use the pacesetter gaskets. If the clamps that it comes with are band clamps, they are great. If not, order some up. Numerous sponsors sell them (check out Kooks ----> ).

Speed Inc. is a GREAT company. I've placed several orders with them and always had great service.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldnt buy form speed cuz when i orders just a egr block off plate they had my credit card number and security number and exp date from my credit card on it. so if someone opened my mail someone could of used my credit card
Old 12-12-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

speed inc and TSP are both great places, they'll price match each other.......get the Race pipes if going off road...like the other guy said," much cleaner!"
Old 12-12-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SLP4CamaroSS
i wouldnt buy form speed cuz when i orders just a egr block off plate they had my credit card number and security number and exp date from my credit card on it. so if someone opened my mail someone could of used my credit card
yea thats besides the point.....but you do have a good point, though.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:18 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by SLP4CamaroSS
That's pretty messed up, but I'm sure it was a mistake. Speed Inc. is a very reputable company.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSTYCOON
speed inc and TSP are both great places,
I've had great service from both companies and their prices are good too.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i emailed them about it and they never responded back or anythign