Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car getting no power? Please help

Old 12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car getting no power? Please help

I installed longtube headers about 400 miles ago. I'm not sure if its the problem but I can't think of anything else. Now just 20 minutes ago I tried taking off and it seemed that I wasn't getting any power like my car was going to die. So I pulled over and popped my hood while the engine was running (and car did not die) to see whats going on. The service engine light was blinking and it wasn't before. It was on but it wasn't blinking. I drove back home and thank goodness I didn't hop on the freeway. Then I turned off the car and then waited a couple minutes and turned it back on. It seemed fine untill a few minutes later the service engine light started blinking again and this time I noticed major popping coming out from the exhaust.

The only thing I installed besides the longtubes and ory was change my plugs. Its been running real strong untill today. Since the header install I've driven the car about 400 miles. I was thinking maybe it was because of the rain or something but I dont know. Someone please help!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm it could be anything from a bent plug and dead cylinder or a bad o2....these are the two highly likely situations....run a stock tune on it, and also find out what the code is and drop back by
Old 12-12-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Misfire - while it's dark look for a plug wire arcing against the header somewhere.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also a good idea^^
Old 12-12-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I would recheck your plugs. Mine ran fine for a couple of days till I took it on a long trip and found a cracked plug. The wires that came with the headers to extend the 02's had also melted on the header.....
Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blkbird
The wires that came with the headers to extend the 02's had also melted on the header.....
Another good point - usually that'll trip the "ENG SEN" fuse too. Get the code(s) read.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I'm hoping its just the plugs. I spoke to Arzael and he said it happened to his also. I'm going to either be checking the plugs tonight or tomorrow at my lunch break. Man I hope this is an easy fix, it seems like I can't even drive my car anywhere right now

Search this Thread