Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header and emission ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header and emission ??

Ok im in n.c and im about to put these pacsetter long tubes on wit ory i got the headers with the emissions but i am gonna prob get a LS6 intake soon and i was just wondering with everybody takin off air/egr how do u get it inspected if anyone is in N,C tell me how ugot ur inspected and how far youve pusehd the issue thanx
Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

check your state emissions testing.... most test only stations have a visual, so therefore you will fail if you take your EGR off

people pay off the smog tech, have a hookup, or get lucky with the visual
Old 12-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned

I'm in NC too, and I'm wondering the same thing. Regardless of what LTs you put on, it's technically illegal to move the cats, but since NC doesn't do the sniffer, I don't know how strict each individual shop that does inspections would look for it.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

You can buy an adaptor from Lingenfelter to modify an ls6 intake to accept an egr. look on ebay...............
Did mine works great and I dont have to switch intakes for smog now........just headers

t
Old 12-13-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

As long as you don't have an SES code you should do fine with your car. NC tests the computer on OBD2 cars. So as long as you have it tuned and clear all the SES's you'll be fine. Most shops just rely on the computer to do the work now and don't even bother looking under the hood. They just check lights, turn signals, etc.

If the time table is close to your inspection I get it inspected first and watch them inspect you car. That way'll you can see how severely that shop looks them over. If they don't raise the hood. I'd get rid of all the eger and stuff and just reprogram the computer.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

In NC they do a visual inspection ususally if you just move the cats you will be fine but if their off the car you will probally fail