Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Exhaust Do I Need????????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Which Exhaust Do I Need????????????

I have a 2002 Formula Firehawk. I had LMII on it until I put headers and ORY. Then I put a Borla Muffler(XR-1) on it. Just got through putting a cuttout in the I pipe.......... I like the fact that I can open the cuttout and make it loud as hell and they make it quiet when I want to....................I Prefer the dual dual tips because that is what My car came with(Don't like singlel round tips)........................I have ls6 heads and a fairly big cam, so the car is loud...........................With all of the stuff I have done to the LMII it has become chopped up and not as nice as I would like..I love Corsa's looks and Borla's ajustability....................I am a little concerned that both the Corsa and the Borla would be loud with ORY.......................Help Me Decide on Which Exhaust I Need!!!!!

Thanks,

Brent
Old 12-13-2006, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get true duals. it won't be as loud or raspy and it will give it an old school deep sound. listen to some of the sound clips.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

I have been wanting to get true duals, but I want it to be really nice when I do it. I would like to have stainless. Don't you have to get a relocation upper phb to run the pipes over the axle? What size pipes do you run with true duals.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Banned

If you want stainless steel, Bassani makes a 2.5" true dual stainless steel kit that your muffler guy has to assemble on the car, and it is a very nice kit. I ran that kit on my firebird and was very happy with it.

You don't need the ph relocation kit with 2.5" piping, which is the most common, and what most will recommend.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 AM
That's what she said...

I'll have some dual/dual tips for sale soon enough if you're looking for a set.

I would go with 2.5" stainless over the axle, and the the upper PHR kit anyway. ORY with a borla and an electric cutout instead of the borla plate would be a great setup.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

I've got the Corsa clones on the exhaust right now. I would like to have corsa because of their tips, but it's not ajustable like borla is. I really can't afford a really nice TD setup right now.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Get TD's!! I dont have them yet, but i have done alot of research and heard the differences and an h-pipe with 2.5 inch over the axle. You will not regret it. I have a shop doing it with Stainless steel over the axle for $800 providing my own tips. Im gonna get my own cats and it will be even cheaper.

Im only gettin cats cause VA requires them for emissions. Most will tell u that cats are not needed to tone down rasp with tru duals.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:08 AM
11 Second Club

Ditto on the Borla w/electric cutout.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

I would love to have the Borla, However i Don't think that i would like the tips. I want to stick with the Dual Dual tips that look like the factory tips. Think I will start getting Ideas on what True Dual setup I would like. .................................................. ............Anyone know of a damn good exhaust shop in north mississippi or Alabama?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Banned

A good idea would be to try your regional forum for links/suggestions to good exhaust shops in your area. You want to find someone with a good track record of completing lots of exhausts, because even if you decide to go with the Bassani kit, you need someone experienced in exhaust fabrication to assemble it properly, for best results.