Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler

I have the texas rumbler catback and I think its to loud.I heard that theres a magnaflow bullet that is a little tame.Does anybody know the part number or wher I can order it.The borla Xr1 is a little eXpensive.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeg or summit
Old 12-13-2006, 05:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

This is the Magnaflow muffler which fits the LM so it should be ok for the Rumbler:

Magnaflow bullet, its only 4"" round. I got the part# off of this site. Part# is MPE-14419 from Summit.
However I doubt it will MASSIVLY affect the db level of the exhaust as you are simply replacing one bullet muffler with another bullet muffler of the same size and basic design.

If you want quieter - get a different exhaust!

To make it quieter using a bullet, you do have a few options. Muffler case diameter and length will affect how loud the exhaust will be.

So running an oval or larger diameter bullet means it will contain more poacking and thus more muffling.

A longer muffler means the gases are in the muffler for longer and again more muffling.

Or you could run two mufflers, this is the same affect as running one long muffler of the combined length of the two.

But locating bigger, longer or more mufflers may be an issue and require more customising.