Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle blade sticking after porting

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle blade sticking after porting

I just ported my throttle body and cut off the front half of the shaft. Now it sticks closed a little when the screws are tight even after loosening them and adjusting the blade around. It works fine with the right screw tight and the left one a little less than snug, but as soon as it gets snug the blade will start catching. I loaded it up with thread locker and got it snug for now, because I dont want to loose the screw in the engine. Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

I knife bladed my flap when I ported and it did hang up a bit. I just worked the edge with some sand paper till it felt better, It was a little sticky for a week or so now it feels good. Good Luck - Dave
Old 12-14-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

try adjusting the throttle cable just a bit, mine stuck a little. i tightened up the cable just a touch and bingo no more sticking.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Banned

Yea you want to sand down the outside of the blade, I had that problem too, and I worked the blade a little bit where it was sticking (hold it up to the light and you should be able to tell where it's touching the outside of the TB).

Just makes sure it's actually the blade that is hitting, not another problem.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:33 AM
SPL
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had the same problem. I knife bladed mine too. It went away after about a week of driving.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:43 PM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by TKhawk01
I just ported my throttle body and cut off the front half of the shaft. Now it sticks closed a little when the screws are tight even after loosening them and adjusting the blade around. It works fine with the right screw tight and the left one a little less than snug, but as soon as it gets snug the blade will start catching. I loaded it up with thread locker and got it snug for now, because I dont want to loose the screw in the engine. Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks.
you have made the material Stand up and become grippy. by porting it you have made the meterial furry in a way. what you can do is borrow a smal hone for doing a tractor engine or a small cylinder remove the blade and the shaft and gently lap and hone the bore with oil. Should clean it right up. go slow with the drill speed.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the help I knifed my blade so I guess I see where its grabbing and touch it up alittle more with sandpaper.