Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad cats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad cats?

i just got a letter in the mail from chevy telling me that on 2000 camaro with 5.7l v8 the left or right side cats might have problems, and if you do then chevy will fix it for free. Good thing because i keep throwing a P0420 code catylist efficiency bank 1 and it causes a very annoying rattle noise about 700 rpm. Hopefully that will fix it, especially since it will be free. Just wondering if anybody else got the letter.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:45 PM
SRM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z2envy
i just got a letter in the mail from chevy telling me that on 2000 camaro with 5.7l v8 the left or right side cats might have problems, and if you do then chevy will fix it for free. Good thing because i keep throwing a P0420 code catylist efficiency bank 1 and it causes a very annoying rattle noise about 700 rpm. Hopefully that will fix it, especially since it will be free. Just wondering if anybody else got the letter.
I also got the letter. My right cat was replaced about 6 years ago, since then I haven't had any issues. But I just sold my car last week with 78000 miles on it.