Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I Need O2 Sensors???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Need O2 Sensors???

I'm buying an ORY for my stock headers and I need to find out whether I need two sets of O2 sensors? For "before"and "after" where the cats were? In a year or so I need to put on cats for emissions purposes, will I need 2 sets then? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo need one set for the front O2's and you will need to buy 2 "O2 eliminators"(they can be had for about $60 used on the board).

or you will have to use a program such as hptuners to delete your post cat O2s.

may i ask why you are going with an ORY with stock headers...not to much to be gained there...other than a stinky car.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

I don't need a fast car. Where I live it is a total waste of money. I want my car to be louder for the time being. I get my emissions tested next december and plan on installing dual cutouts and cats over the summer. There isn't enough room on the stock pipe to put the cutouts in front of the cats but there is if I have a totally untouched pipe.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool, it will sound good! pdanrichey has stock exhaust with cat delet and it gets mixed reviews, but i think it sounds great
Old 12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I found out that my state(MD) doesn't do actual emmisions tests, they do it all by reading our cars computer. I want to order the ORY as soon as possible. They check for thrown codes though...so deleting my second o2 sensors are out of the question? Do I need two sets of O2 simulators(sorry to ask again)? Or do I just need one for the back since the front O2 sensors are supposed to show up as uncleaned emissions? Thanks guys...