Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout or catback

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cutout or catback

I was wondering if anyone new which is better or have experienced both. Right now I have a cutout and was thinking of getting the hooker catback system but want to know if I will see any gains over the cutout.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

You will not see any gains at the track with a Hooker catback over a cut out, but you will also not be giving up with the hooker over the cut out. I open my cutout at the track cause it sounds better, but I have ran basically just as quick through the muffler.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cstick
You will not see any gains at the track with a Hooker catback over a cut out, but you will also not be giving up with the hooker over the cut out. I open my cutout at the track cause it sounds better, but I have ran basically just as quick through the muffler.

Ok, Thanks. I may just get the muffler only than instead of the catback, if it is not going to be any improvement. Right now i have the Flowcrapper on it.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Cstick
You WILL see HP improvement with a Cutout...like said above--probably 3-5-? hp more.