Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Intake Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake Opinions

Hey my name is Kyle and I just recently picked up a 94 lt1 and was wondering what all your opinions are on getting a cold air intake. I'm going to start doing some modifications this summer but wanted the opinions of some people who have been there first. I was either thinking the moroso cold air intake or the slp cold air intake and wanted to know which ones give better performance. Other than a new air filter the car is 100% stock. Also if there are any other little tid bits of info or suggestions that I could get to pick up a few cheap hp here or there...Thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the Moroso. I used this one on my 94 and it made a noticable difference. Moroso and KandN FPIK are the ones that seem to get the most praise. I havent looked at SLPs in along time, but I believe the Moroso is a far better option vs. SLP on this particular question.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 for Moroso or K&N. Both have a good set up. I seem to recall the SLP one for LT1s had some weird two filter system going into it. If I had to pick on I would go Moroso myself. Here are two threads that might help you out. There is also the LS1 lid swap for LT1s. I haven't looked into it, but it came up when I searched for these two threads for you. Good luck.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/554720-all-cai-s-considered-equal.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/591556-what-best-cai-lt1.html