Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticking Fast TB's...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticking Fast TB's...

Whats the fix?

Ive put the return spring on it to get the blade to come back to idle but when we have it on, it doesnt go to WOT completely. And if the spring is too weak it wont return to idle but will go 90% close to WOT...

Are there things in the housing i can massage some to keep it from sticking? Fill me in.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I hear FAST 90mm are bad news but I have a friend with a 78mm which works fine. Go Fig.

I have a feeling its the housing, like the tolerances are too tight and once the car warms up it expands and gets stuck. I think the answer is in the housing.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
From what I hear FAST 90mm are bad news but I have a friend with a 78mm which works fine. Go Fig.

I have a feeling its the housing, like the tolerances are too tight and once the car warms up it expands and gets stuck. I think the answer is in the housing.
The housing has been ported and cartridge rolled. My deal is it was sticking before and sticking just the same. Its a Shaft and spring issue.

I know this because we scribed where the blade rests and and didnt go further past the scribe marks. Theres no evidence of the blade rubbing the housing and thats why I feel its a weak spring to close the blade.