Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake comparison tests

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake comparison tests

xxnon-sponsorxx machine shop and I are going to do a intake flow comparison test for LSx engines. I am going to use a stock head and a ported head for the comparison to offer the best comparison possible.We will be using my ported LS6 intake,a victor jr,and am looking a fast 90 to cover the most popular/proven intake manifolds. If anyone has any added info or has seen a similar test please let me know to save alot of work. Also let me know if I missed a intake you would like to see.

Thanks John
Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Banned

I think a lot of people would like to see a stock ls6! It would be great to compare that to your ported ls6, in a comparison that most people would find more useful because of the number of people running a stock ls6.

Plus as a cheaper alternative to a FAST intake would be a ported ls6, whereas a ls6 vs FAST has already been done in other ways.

It would also be interesting to compare a stock Weiland (or BBK or PP), to a version that is ported extrude/honed. That would be a lot of extra work setting that up but would give a real world feedback that doesn't exist out there as far as what are the potentials of these intakes that are metal.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:33 AM
12 Second Club

I can get a hold of a Weiland intake, but its not ported. TPIS did a nice intake test on LS1,LS2,LS6,fast 90 and Weiland intake. I was thinking of doing this test with no throttle body,so their would be no restriction,but a few people locally wanted it done with a 90mm tb.

90mm?
no TB?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While it doesn't have any flow #'s (just hp/tq figures), here's a comparison of several different lsx intake/tb combinations.
http://www.tpis.com/plog/index.php?o...Id=14&blogId=1
Old 12-28-2006, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks,thats the test I refered to in my last post.
jmm98LS1 thanks for the link

Quick Reply: Intake comparison tests