Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow on the way

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow on the way

Just thought Id share my excitement. This is my 6th LS1 car, 2 of which were h/c cars, and Ive had the Magnaflow catback on two of them. Im still excited though, cuz I got a brand new 02 Z28 to toy around with now. My girlfriend bought me a lid, bellows, and cutout for xmas and I just bought a Magnaflow catback today. Ill probably put the exhaust on this weekend sometime. I was very pleased with Magnaflow both times I had it, and I loved the sound....not too quiet at idle, nice deep rumble at cruise, and a killer scream at WOT. Anyway, just thought Id share my excitement So all you fellow Magnaflow owners, feel free to come post your joy with this kick *** stainless steel, and very affordable exhaust system.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool...the Magnaflow is one of my favorite, off-the-shelf exhaust systems for these cars. I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much as your others. Are you going to take this car to the level of mods that you did your previous rides?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Very cool...the Magnaflow is one of my favorite, off-the-shelf exhaust systems for these cars. I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much as your others. Are you going to take this car to the level of mods that you did your previous rides?
I dont see any way around it bro I got some good money out of my SS that I modded the **** out of, so I paid off some debt and decided to buy one just to drive for a while. I wasnt planning on modding it anytime soon, but the day I brought it home, I got bit by the bug. I probably wont dive into the motor right away, but I dont think it will be too long Another thing Im stoked about is having an auto. The only other auto LS1 Ive had was my 00 Pewter Z28 but I didnt have it for long enough to do anything to. The cars Ive heavily modded have been M6 cars. Im really enjoying the auto though. Im gonna wait on the converter though...I kinda wanna plan that around what Im gonna do to the rest of the car instead of vice versa. Anyway, it should be fun By the way Steve, besides my Pewter SS, your SS is one of the sexiest Ive seen so far. I also had the CME which I polished the **** out of. I had them down to a chrome finish Aside from the CME, and of course the immaculate shape you keep your car in, those wheels really set your car apart. Nice ride bro
Old 12-27-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Enjoy the magnaflow. I have it and like the way it sounds and looks. I will be converting it to the CME style shortly.

-Mike
Old 12-27-2006, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

Not to jack the thread or anything, but while we're on the subject of CMEs; Has anyone ever used two ROUND, single wall large (3"-3.5") stainless pipes in this location (a la Ford GT/GT 40). I think that would look wicked cool, on a 4th gen Camaro, at least.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i love my magnaflow i can't wait to get headers with ory
Old 12-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Banned

Congrats on a wise purchase Raise! Magnaflow is one of the best all around catbacks imo and I forsee it being a great addition to your vehicle!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Not to jack the thread or anything, but while we're on the subject of CMEs; Has anyone ever used two ROUND, single wall large (3"-3.5") stainless pipes in this location (a la Ford GT/GT 40). I think that would look wicked cool, on a 4th gen Camaro, at least.
please start another thread with this question
Old 12-27-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Default .

I have a Magnaflow catback and love it. Way better than stock. Way too quiet idling, but sounds mean at WOT. I am looking to get some Hooker super comps and ORY to add to the Magnaflow. But can't find anyone w/ a sound clip. I'm just used to growing up around loud-*** big block cars, lol. 6th LS1 car, damn! post some pics when you get everything installed

take it easy
Old 12-27-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
I have a Magnaflow catback and love it. Way better than stock. Way too quiet idling, but sounds mean at WOT. I am looking to get some Hooker super comps and ORY to add to the Magnaflow. But can't find anyone w/ a sound clip. I'm just used to growing up around loud-*** big block cars, lol. 6th LS1 car, damn! post some pics when you get everything installed

take it easy
will do. and as far as soundclips, go to ls1sounds.com and you will find plenty of clips of magnaflow....stock, catted y-pipes, and ory-pipes. here are 2 of my favorites...one is stock and one with qtp headers and ory pipe.

http://ls1sounds.com/magnaflow/magnaflow__stock.wmv

http://ls1sounds.com/magnaflow/magna...S_titus-ss.wmv

you will notice that when you do go ory with magnaflow, you will get some rasp on decel as you will see with the red ss, but its still a killer sounding setup.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Default .

That is one thing I am worried about w/out cats. I can finally get away w/ haveing no emissions crap on my car now and was thinking about an ORY, mainly because I want to delete my rear O2's and because it is cheaper. I tried a while back to find one w/ Hooker headers on LS1Sounds but I never saw one. I will have to wait till i have access to a faster i-net connection because I have dialup at home and I can't download ****. I will have to check those clips out, especially the camaro rasp. Also, is all the exhaust stainless? Because my car has never seen a winter, never gets driven in the rain, but sits outside all summer (dad has all the garages filled w/ his muscle cars, so I can't hide mine always, lol) and the damn pipes actually start to have rust on them. I am going to see if a magnet sticks to it (i think it sticks on all stainless except for the 300 series?) I think it may be coated. Not sure. Thanks for the clips

have a good one
Old 12-28-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnaflow sucks

...at being too expensive.

Nice choice man!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
That is one thing I am worried about w/out cats. I can finally get away w/ haveing no emissions crap on my car now and was thinking about an ORY, mainly because I want to delete my rear O2's and because it is cheaper. I tried a while back to find one w/ Hooker headers on LS1Sounds but I never saw one. I will have to wait till i have access to a faster i-net connection because I have dialup at home and I can't download ****. I will have to check those clips out, especially the camaro rasp. Also, is all the exhaust stainless? Because my car has never seen a winter, never gets driven in the rain, but sits outside all summer (dad has all the garages filled w/ his muscle cars, so I can't hide mine always, lol) and the damn pipes actually start to have rust on them. I am going to see if a magnet sticks to it (i think it sticks on all stainless except for the 300 series?) I think it may be coated. Not sure. Thanks for the clips

have a good one
as far as your worries, i think the sweet sound u will get from magnaflow with headers and ory will make up for the lil bit of decel rasp u may encounter. a big thing to remember is that a completely welded exhaust system will sound a lot better than one that is clamped. im still debating on whether to run cats or not when i put my headers on. as far as the rust, all stainless steel will get some surface rust, but thats all it is is surface rust. u can wipe it right off with a rag and degreaser. i used to polish mine once every few months. but yes, magnaflow is 100% stainless steel. aside from being stainless, u get such a smooth, refined sound...nice and rumbly while cruisin, screams at wot, and the price is so reasonable. u just cant beat magnaflow
Old 12-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Teching In

I've got the Magnaflow stainless cat back on my 2wd sb/sc LS1 powered Silverado, it sounds great, no drone and makes a lot more power than stock!