Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Band clamp question

Old 12-29-2006, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Band clamp question

Just got my pacesetters today, and Im gonna order up some band clamps for the collectors and Y. Do I need to get the lap joint or do the butt joint clamps conform to the stepped up size of the slip fit??? And how many total do I need for both headers and the tsp y?? Havent even took the Y out of the box yet, not sure how many pieces it is. And just to let people know they must have quit sending the good copper gaskets with the headers cause I got the cheesy paper ones.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got pacesetter headers and ORY from Texas Speed. They came with everything needed for the install. I think the ORY was in 2 or 3 pieces??? Not real sure. You might go through your box and check to see if the clamps are in there. I didn't need collectors either. The ORY went right on the headers. I think others will vouch too to use stock GM gaskets for the headers and don't reuse the bolts.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Butt join worked best for me. No leaks. But when i installed the true duals, i had lots of leaks. I just ended up putting on some flanges.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

i asked the same thing, you want the lap style because the pacesetters are the slip fit. but supposedly the butt/flat style should kinda form to it if you tighten it well enough. i may have to try that becuase jegs charge a grip for handling (free shipping my ***). i may just get the flat ones from napa and use some folded up foil to seal a bit better
Old 03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lap joint clamps work better if you can find them. Make sure your pipe didn't come with them before you get all purchase happy though lol.

Folded foil does work, as itsok mentioned. If you've got any trucking supply companies in your area, check them out for band clamps, or you can just order some. Kooks sells them.

-------------->
Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dunno but for some reason i though i just saw "band camp question" i was like wtf?
Old 03-03-2007, 01:38 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28hustle
i dunno but for some reason i though i just saw "band camp question" i was like wtf?

Search this Thread