Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so much play at WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why so much play at WOT?

Ok first of my car has 95.5k miles on it. I think I need motor mounts. I have replaced my t/a mount and trans mount with poly mounts. I am still on original GM motor mounts however. I have dropped the tranny once and let it hang pretty low unsupported to get some of the top bolts. I think this may have stressed the motor mounts even more. The deal is at WOT I have almost 2 inches of shifter play that totally seems abnormal. I can simply be in park and rev and watch the shifter have slight play also. I read somewhere that it isn't good to have motor mounts that are softer than you trans or t/a mounts. In my case that is what I have. Have any of you guys had this problem and what did you do to solve it? Keep in mind that I have already replaced the two mounts mentioned. Please just tell me motor mount may solve this.

Josh

TIA
Old 12-31-2006, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

replace motor mounts.

fuerzaws6
Old 12-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Launching!

I have an auto but when I put headers and an ORY pipe on with less the 3k on the clock, I noticed the stock mounts were too soft. I replaced the drivers side motor mount and the tranny mount with poly mounts to keep my Y pipe from beating the crap out of my floor pan.
Change them out. Should take care of your problem.
Good luck!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys. As far as the mounts go, should I stay with poly's since the rest of my setup has poly's. I mean if I got 95k out of my stockers I don't have a problem using GM. However I have plans for this car to see above 400 rwhp within the next few months.

Josh
Old 12-31-2006, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

400hp+ in the next month or so. then yes I would. especially if u r going with a lopey cam then diffenetly.

fuerzaws6