Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing stock exhaust in 1 piece

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default removing stock exhaust in 1 piece

My buddy wants to remove his stock exhaust in one piece (i took mine off in 2) tomorrow so we were just gonna get the car up high and let the axle hang and just twist it out. I remember there being a write up about this a long time ago though. Don't you have to disconnect the panhard bar or something like that?

I would but it's down right now, sorry!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:21 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might have to remove more stuff than you think. Also. Why 1 piece? If he is selling it in 1 piece, it is going to be a huge PITA to install it like that. I would cut it right before it goes over the axle and not worry with the headache involved.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

I wouldn't worry about getting it out in one piece. More important to get it out so it's manageable, if you want to sell it or store it. One disconnect after the cats and like mentioned cut right near the axle and it will be in 2 good portable pieces.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

You will have to drop the rear axle down, not all the way but might as well because its goota come down a pretty good bit. I worked at a Midas for years and Ive done a few that way.