Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What catted y-pipe to gp with Pacesetters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What catted y-pipe to gp with Pacesetters?

I will be running a catted y pipe this time with my Pacesetters. Besides TSP's catted y pipe, is there any other catted y pipe that fits Pacsetters?? Those of you that have the TSP catted y-pipe, give me your opinion of it (fit, ground clearance, etc...)
Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raise
I will be running a catted y pipe this time with my Pacesetters. Besides TSP's catted y pipe, is there any other catted y pipe that fits Pacsetters?? Those of you that have the TSP catted y-pipe, give me your opinion of it (fit, ground clearance, etc...)
The TSP pipe is your only option. Mine has good clearance around everything and doesn't scrape or bang on speed bumps (stock ride height).

The two complaints i have about mine was the pipes wouldn't slip together well. I had to take them to meineke and have them bump up the O.D. on some of them, but that wasn't really a big deal...meineke didn't charge anything for it and it took 2 minutes. The other complaint is that the kit only came with two band clamps and the rest were U-clamps. I guess you could ask for all band clamps at the time of ordering.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Banned

I would go custom. Purchase the cats separately and bring them to your exhaust shop. That way you can get them to tuck it nicely, and it should probably come in less expensive than the TSP one.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

what kinda cats are preferrable if i decide to go that route? i know we have sponsors that sell high flow cats, i just dont know which ones flow the best??
Old 01-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

If you decide to go that route Magnaflow high flow cats are the best. They have two versions: ceramic core and metallic core. Ceramic core are the cheapest (maybe $50 per cat) and don't give up more than a few hp to metallic core, which are more. Most people (including TSP) use the ceramic core. Tim @ EAD is a good source.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lsx24
I would go custom. Purchase the cats separately and bring them to your exhaust shop. That way you can get them to tuck it nicely, and it should probably come in less expensive than the TSP one.

i agree with him i wish i had done this before i brought tsp y pipe. exhaust shop is the best way to go with and its cheaper than tsp y pipe.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

On my 96 SS, I used the Pacesetter y-pipe and added a compact cat on the driver's side. Because it was close to the bend the pipe wasn't quite round so I had a muffler shop weld it up. Total cost was under $200 for this y-pipe, both cats and the welding. It's one of the smallest cats out there and I can tell you where I got it but I don't want to post and cause problems.