Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals Help

Is anybody running a Texas Speed Rumbler True Duals setup on an F-body and using cats still?
If so dose anyone have pictures of this?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:35 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can probably find some small high flow cats to weld into it. If you are trying to stay legal you have to have the cats in the original location. Which if you are running headers, you have already compromised it.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
You can probably find some small high flow cats to weld into it. If you are trying to stay legal you have to have the cats in the original location. Which if you are running headers, you have already compromised it.
Well I do not have headers yet, the car is 2000 SS that is 100% bone stock. I don’t have the funds for headers right now.
So I am looking In to the Texas Speed Rumbler system, I also like the bassani true dual kit, I just don’t have the 1000$ funds.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:58 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

None of these systems come with cats. They would be several hundred dollars more.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
None of these systems come with cats. They would be several hundred dollars more.
Since the Texas speed setup is designed for headers and I have stock manifolds, could I just by cats or high flow cats and put them between the stock manifolds and the true dual kit? Will this work and allow me to pass emissions ?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

You will have to check with a local muffler shop. they will probably know. Or an inspection place.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

As long as the cats are in the original location, you are legal. I would save up for something like the Bassani system, it works with the stock system.

You can get cats separately, but if you are just changing the catback, and not getting headers or a dual exhaust, might as well keep the stock cats for now, and upgrade when you upgrade your exhaust later. Talk to TIM @ EAD for purchasing cats.

I ran cats on my duals system, it works. Most people will tell you to ditch them, but you should keep them they only add a handful of hp.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike00ss
Since the Texas speed setup is designed for headers and I have stock manifolds, could I just by cats or high flow cats and put them between the stock manifolds and the true dual kit? Will this work and allow me to pass emissions ?

The Bassani true dual setup is designed for stock manifolds with cats. I had to modify them to work with my headers.