Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 3" true duals by lane!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My new 3" true duals by lane!!!

I just bought this yesterday from a guy in Ft. Worth. I always wanted a true dual set-up but I have FLPs so I knew it would be hard and a lot of money to fab a 3" dual setup. Well it turns out this guy had it done a while back by Lane & didn't want it anymore. New 3" ORPs were made since the FLP ones reduced to 2.5" and the back of the cats were cut off so they are now true 3" too. There is a dr. gas X, mandrel bends, and 12" Flo-pro twisters. I will be changing the mufflers to Classic Chambered PowerPaks and extending the exhaust out the back with corsa clone tips once I FINALLY get my car back from the body shop!!!!
I starting painting the set-up with 1200* bbq black paint today but ran out. When I went to get more, they didn't have black so instead of going to another store, I just grabbed a few cans of silver 1200* paint and used that. I couldn't be happier with it either, except maybe when I finally get it hooked up and crank it!! I'll have to post some vids then too!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice system..ive herd alot about this lanes TDs who is he and does he still make them? and where can i get some info lol..
Old 01-03-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what i remember, his exhaust shop was in Dallas but he no longer makes custom systems. He's a member of this board too, i think his member name is simply Lane. maybe you can find out more info by doing a member search
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Looks real good! cant wait to here some sound clips or see a video
Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely a sweet looking setup, cant wait to hear some sound clips!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

His name is lane on this board. He will make a set and send them to you. He did mine about a year ago. He did sell his shop so he no longer makes them custom to your car and puts them on. but the fit is great and the quality and clearance can't be beat. I have the flo pro twisters and they sound great.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm... i dont know if yo covered this... but how are you supposed to bolt those 2 smaller pipes to the main section? from the pics.. they kind of look like ball sockets.. but not really... and i can see they are both flared... arent you supposed to have the 2 bolt flanges on the pipe BEFORE you weld the other pieces on? I dont see how you are going to attach them..
Old 01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

You've never seen the FLP system, have you? It's basically the same as the Supermaxx system that exists now except you could swap out the cats with offroad pipes using v-clamps. You put the pipes up next to each other and then a clamp with a groove going through it holds them together. It makes it to where it's easy to go from cats to no cats. When supermaxx started selling the FLP system, they still had the v-clamps but they changed them.
here is a picture that should make everything make sense.