Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few Header questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few Header questions

1. Whats the difference between pacesetter Kwick trip headers and Pacesetter ceramic coated headers? Diff design, WHich one better

2. Does the smell From OR LT and Y eventually go away.

3. When you run OR LT and OR Y do you need o2 simms or anything special or do you need just a scan for codes after install
Old 01-04-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think that most people are running the Ceramic Coated. They are great for the price. That smell will never go away until you add cats again. And you will need rear O2 sims or just delete them with a tune.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

1---Ceramic coating is an layer they add to help dissipate heat. it keeps the engine bay a little cooler. between all long tube header brands your looking at a 1-3 hp difference. stainless steel will not rust and last a looong time,( expensive) the others will eventually rust and have to be replaced (less expensive)

2---what your smelling is exhaust not being recicled (sp?) through cats. it will most likely not go away. but some people have a problem with the smell others don't. You can always put cats on, if it bothers you.

3--- you will need 02 simms cause OR= no cats. or you can take it to somewhere ( sponcer on the right) and have them remove the s.e.s code from your computer. But if you live in a state where you have no emmision testing, you don't need to worry about the s.e.s light being on.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my car was running, I'd drive over there Brian and let you take a look at my coated Pacesetters and the smell. Its not terrible, I don't mind it really at all, but my cam doesn't have a ton of overlap either.

The difference between the QuikTrip and coated is only the coating. The actual designs are the same. The non-coated ones come painted with a black paint that just flakes off from what I understand. My coated ones are only a few months old and are already showing rust stains. Not too sure I'm very happy with that, but at the same time, the car no longer gets driven in salt, so I'm not too worried as long as they last a couple years
Old 01-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Getting the coated ones is highly recommended, they will last much longer and keep more heat out of your engine bay.

That smell will not go away, it's the smell of unburned hydrocarbons, and the only way to get rid of it is to put cats back on.

I recommend getting the codes removed. You need to find someone (like a sponser) with tuning software to do that for you, technically it should be cheaper than buying sims.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pipes_ta
1. Whats the difference between pacesetter Kwick trip headers and Pacesetter ceramic coated headers? Diff design, WHich one better

2. Does the smell From OR LT and Y eventually go away.

3. When you run OR LT and OR Y do you need o2 simms or anything special or do you need just a scan for codes after install
2. i had the fuel small at first but it went away.
3. You either need to get sims or use tuning software to turn off the codes in the PCM so it does not report a error again. I would get them turned off rather than use sims.