Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST Bolts & Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default FAST Bolts & Parts

I know about the button head bolt replacement on the valley cover. Do you use the stock intake bolts to bolt the intake to the engine or are these special as well? What exactly comes with the FAST when new in the box?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^Back from the dead^^... You can download the install manual from their site but I wouldn't mind seeing this one answered either seeing as how I bought my FAST used without any bolts. Is any of the stock hardware not adequate besides the valley bolts? Thanks to anyone who has some answers, I'll be doing my install after getting back from Iraq and it helps to know these things beforehand.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The manifold halves go together with a bunch of small bolts, and then it uses different bolts than the factory long ones to secure it to the heads. Those long ones may be the same size as the stockers, but not sure. Either way, you'll need the short bolts, with nuts/washers, if you have ZERO bolts.

The bolts it comes with are mild steel and rust nicely, so you're better off with no bolts at all lol. I suggest picking up some stainless cap-screws in the correct length.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tips!! I'm looking for some stainless button heads, and might as well try to find the rest stainless as well from the FAST parts list, but I heard the stock ones work bolting it to the heads, maybe someone can confirm that. Thanks again for the input though, you saved me some future heartache.