Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Do I Install My headers!??

Old 01-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do I Install My headers!??

Hello - I read alot on here but so many different things. I am getting Pacesetter Long Tube headers for my 2000 SS which is mainly stock except it has a magna flow exhuast and thats it. What do I need to know before I install these? My buddy does mechanic work but mostly on hondas, etc... so I wanna make sure I get no surprises and its done right... so any tips or advice? and how are they installed? do you have to take the engine out or just lift it up a little bit??? Also what other things do i need to do so i dont have problems with my camaro after they are installed? if any? Thanks alot!! First post on LS1Tech so hope its a good one! lol I usually am on camaroz28.com but this looks more like my kinda of site since I have a LS1 and i love it! I had a LT1 in my z28 but LS1 is far better that I can tell....
Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

If you do a search there is tons of info on this good luck with the install.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Launching!

However you need O2 extensions and probably new gaskets (OEM are best). Also, get the plugs changed and maybe new wires if you want them.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Great thanks!!! I'll def get the 24" extensions also cause thats what i see people are saying... but i cant seem to figure out if i have to take the engine out or just lift it up a few inches??? theres alot of different things and what about known problems after the install???
Old 01-06-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't have to take my engine out or lift it up. With my jet hot headers, I did have to notch out my k member, and I also had to cut off a piece on the side of the block.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sully1182
Great thanks!!! I'll def get the 24" extensions also cause thats what i see people are saying... but i cant seem to figure out if i have to take the engine out or just lift it up a few inches??? theres alot of different things and what about known problems after the install???
Actually one 12" and one 24" are ideal. Also, if your O2 sensors have over 50K on them you may want to just buy Bosch 13111 Oxygen Sensors which have long enough extentions and also fix some of the problems people have with the front O2 after header installation.

Search this Thread