Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help I.D. oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help I.D. oil pan

I got my dad a great deal on an LS1 crate engine from a G.M. dealer. The engine is a replacement motor for a 2000-2005 v-series holden. He is putting it in a 63 nova and we are trying to I.D the oil pan. It has a front sump and a front mounted oil filter on the drivers side. Any help would be appritiated. Also, can an F-body pan be directly bolted to this engine, because i know that the oil filter is in the rear of those?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by TRANSAM75
I got my dad a great deal on an LS1 crate engine from a G.M. dealer. The engine is a replacement motor for a 2000-2005 v-series holden. He is putting it in a 63 nova and we are trying to I.D the oil pan. It has a front sump and a front mounted oil filter on the drivers side. Any help would be appritiated. Also, can an F-body pan be directly bolted to this engine, because i know that the oil filter is in the rear of those?
If the engine is for a Holden then the pan will be the same as a GTO oilpan. The F-body pan will bolt right to the engine and the oilfilter will be moved to the rear. The LSx engines have the oilfilter pads cast into the pans.

Andrew
Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks