Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please post all LT's with cats

Old 01-09-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please post all LT's with cats

I am about to get me some LTs and need some ideas about cats, and where to put them. I have run a search and did not come up with much, so I hope this post will. Seeing as how I am a man and visualize things, it would be nice if some people have some pics they could link or post to see what you have done, thanks.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Go to texas speed and get their catted y with the pacesetter long tubes $700
Old 01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy the Dynatech SuperMaxx system, they have everything, the easiest install I have ever dont on a fbody and you get the stainless steel headers, y pipe, cats, and interchangeable straight pipes.

Summit racing sells them around 1200, and they include the straight pipes, other sites listed 1400ish and you still had to pony up 100+ bucks for the pipes.

This is what I am going to get.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

basically the LT's dont have the cats its the Y pipe
TSP makes a catted Y pipe that will with pacesetters, hooker and flowtech headers (might fit others im just not sure)
Kooks makes a catted Y pipe where you cat detatch the cats with straight pipes good but $$$$
and like said above dynotech makes cats for their LT's
or you could always but a set of cats and take it to a shop you trust and let them make you a custom catted Y pipe, this will probally give you the best clearance if done right
Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

I would go True Duals off your long tubes. A great system is the Bassani True Dual exhaust kit. I would then buy cats separately, and have them put on right before the bassani.

If you are going to stick with a ypipe though, for budget, have a custom one made. It should only cost you $150-200, if you bring them the converters, and would fit as good if not better than any catted ypipe, plus would be less money.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm, thats a possible option, thanks. I want to go true dual, but, though I am not a tree hugger, I dont want to be a ******** and **** in my own bed if you know what I meen. I think it is my god given right to blast around burning rubber every where I wish, whenever I wish, but, I also think, at least I, should be responsible for the air I breath also, so, I want to keep cats on if possible.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Banned

That's not a problem many people run cats with true duals. I did with the Bassani Kit, I had magnaflow converters, with Bassani True Duals. It sounded and performed awesome.

Search this Thread