Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

waterpump warning kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waterpump warning kit

is there a electric waterpump kit that lets u kno when ur pump fails or is about to. I want one for my CSR, i just dont know where to buy one. can anyone chime in.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, its your temperature gauge, when it goes over 210, your pump has failed.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Junkie

u can wire in a bright warning lite for over a certain temp, if u don't want to watch ur gauge like a hawk
Old 01-10-2007, 05:22 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will start flashing SES if it gets too hot. You'd have to be Ray Charles not to notice that ****. My GFs car turns the hell off mid cruise if it overheats (ask me how I know).
Old 01-10-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
It will start flashing SES if it gets too hot. You'd have to be Ray Charles not to notice that ****. My GFs car turns the hell off mid cruise if it overheats (ask me how I know).

dude i want to hear that story! lol
Old 01-10-2007, 04:51 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
dude i want to hear that story! lol
1996 Nissan Maxima

I was just crusing along, and all the sudden the temp guage rockets to hot and the car turns off at about 70mph lol. I pull into her uncles house, which we just happen to be driving by, touch the radiator car (it's cold?).

I remove the cap and nothing happens. I then hosed some water into the radiator, hear this rumbling sound, then the hugest plume of steam you've ever seen blasts out of the cap about 10' into the air. Turns out the water pump went out, which is powered by the TIMING CHAIN. When the weep hole opens up in the water pump, all the coolant drains into the oil pan! Go Nissan!!! There was about 4 gallons of chocolate milk in the bitch when I got home and figured it out. I drained and flushed it a few times and it's been running like a champ.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...lol
Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
1996 Nissan Maxima

I was just crusing along, and all the sudden the temp guage rockets to hot and the car turns off at about 70mph lol. I pull into her uncles house, which we just happen to be driving by, touch the radiator car (it's cold?).

I remove the cap and nothing happens. I then hosed some water into the radiator, hear this rumbling sound, then the hugest plume of steam you've ever seen blasts out of the cap about 10' into the air. Turns out the water pump went out, which is powered by the TIMING CHAIN. When the weep hole opens up in the water pump, all the coolant drains into the oil pan! Go Nissan!!! There was about 4 gallons of chocolate milk in the bitch when I got home and figured it out. I drained and flushed it a few times and it's been running like a champ.
that's almost like a fairytale

******* nissians
Old 01-11-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to tell you but there is no magical light. the best way to watch for failure, is to check for looseness while you check the other fluids. every other week or at least once a month.