Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window Motors

I am about to have to replace both window motors in both of our F-Body's. I was just wondering where is the best place to get them at? The main thing that I am looking for is to make sure that we get some good motors that won't have to be replaced anytime soon. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-14-2007, 07:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i jus recently changed my motor, i jus got them from autozone, ask for the siemens one, i've heard it was better, don't know if its true, . . . . i maybe could have gotten em cheaper online, but i didn't think it was worth the wair and hassle, . . jus go in and come out with em

also, there is more info in the stereo and electronics forum on here
Old 01-14-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Part of the problem with our motors is that the passenger's side does not receive enough amperage to operate properly. This makes it harder for both motors to operate since most of us open/close the windows both at the same time. There is a kit on here to fix your passenger's window by routing a seperate power wire for the passenger's side. Do a search on here for window fix...I think it's in the for sale section by a company called autotrix or something like that. It's only like $30 and cured my passenger's side.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys!