Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals dumped before axle....to dumped after rear tires...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals dumped before axle....to dumped after rear tires...

I saw a few pictures of angled exhaust dumped behind the rear tires. I only saw catbacks though and was wondering what you all think a fair price would be to run my duals over or under the axle and then dump them behind the rear tires. Ill supply the tips, but would like it dumped farther back to eliminate some of the noise and exhaust fumes that come in the car when I have the heater on. Im estimating anywhere from $300 to $500 including piping, experts share your knowledge.

This is a picture I borrowed that some what gives you an idea of what I want, Id like it a little bit lower though and closer to the rear wheels though.

Thanks,
-Philip
Old 01-14-2007, 06:43 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Basically you just want hidden tips on a true-dual setup it seems. I would suggest going under the axle if you are looking to keep the cost down. I went over and it was a bit more. There are pictures around here somewhere. If you want to see the full setup I can post the link.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well no, I had a friend who had a 69 Chevelle and had the tips dumped right behind the rear tires angled out and lower then the picture shown. I was going to pick up some angled chrome tips to supply for the fabrication. I mainly want to get the noise and fumes out of my cabin when I have the A/C on or windows open. I want the tips visible maybe about as low as the V6 F-body single tip/pipe is maybe an inch or two more. Links though would be appreciated, thanks.

-Philip
Old 01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Ok, I will get you the links. Also, if you have it terminating under the car you are still going to get some sort of air re-direct that will cause you to smell the exhaust fumes to a certain extent. Not to mention that the ground will help it echo back towards the car cause interior noise. I have run several several several exhaust setups and have done most of the ideas that people have thrown out about doing... It is still a good setup, but you will inherit the tough qualities that come with it no doubt.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

However, if you do it like that picture is showing, I don't think that you will run into the problems that I was stating above.

Still trying to find the links.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my tips done exactly (same bends, painted black) like that on my SLP dual/dual catback. You can't really see ****, which is what I like.