Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which induction kit ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which induction kit ???

I`m not sure which induction kit I should use in my project Astra. bearing in mind, there`s not much room.............

It`ll be going in the right hand side as you look at it.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

i think youll have to fab one? you could through a cone filter right on the tb if you had to. personally i would route it down and in front of the car have a little ram...there is a kit for the lt1 caprices and ss i have in my mind
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Launching!

I`m gonna cut part of the slam panel away, to fit a 102mm silicon elbow to the TB and duct it down low on the r/h side, and fit a cold feed closed filter, but which one is better for the LS1 ?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

k&n filters flow really well, i know alot of people still use the stock filters.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dpw41285
k&n filters flow really well, i know alot of people still use the stock filters.
The open cone type ?

Over here, they use k&n replacement panel filters, but BMC carbon dynamic and Pipercross viper induction kits (which are cold air fed) are most popular.

I just wondered what you guys use in the states.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

When mine was n/a, very briefly, I just had a 90 deg 4" silicone hose on the TB, a short piece of straight stainless ( for clearance reasons ) and onto a K&N filter.

Over on the LHS of the car, you seem to have a fair bit of room.

The elbow at the TB, is a bit of a killer. Anything you can do to smooth it into a nice radius, would be better, but I'd defo go with a big K&N.

Im using an RU-3050, 6" rubber flanged cone, 200mm diam and 200mm tall, and about 4-5" at the small end

ALthough when n/a, it was a smaller diam straight barrel style filter, as space was tighter.

Or if you wanted to spend a few quid, im sure some of the Aussie based ( or GTO ) induction kits would fit. The have their airbox over on the LHS, with some tight plumbing in front of the TB.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...ht=cold+intake

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...ht=cold+intake

One thing retaining an airbox can do though, is guarantee cold air, if its ducted properly from a cold air source. The engine compartment is a hot place.

Although to be honest, Id just do whats easy and simple lol.

Short pipe with a K&N+trumpet if possible.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Thanks Stevie.

I`ve got a tight rad 90deg elbow in blue silicon, just wanted to know the best kit to connect to it.

Should I use the AMM or go EFi live ?