Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric cutout install

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electric cutout install

Well I guess I first should say hello to everyone. I've been a long time reader and just decided to join the LS1tech family. I've had my WS6 for over two years now and love it to death.

I just received my DMH cutout in the mail and it didn't come with install instructions. Just wondering if anyone had some detailed instructions, pictures maybe so I know I'm not doing anything wrong as I install it. Yes I used the search option and didn't find much. Thanks and I'm glad to be here.

Jared
Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bolt it up, pull the wires, terminate them, and mount the switch.

In all seriousness, that's all there is to it. One side of the wires is probably black? This would be the ground, other side needs a power source. I wired mine to the power seat wires under the carpet. This is heavy guage wire, protected by a fuse, and can handle plenty of load (as long as you don't run the seat and the cutout at the same time).

I then removed my rear seat buckets, pulled it under the carpet, over the hump, and out of the rubber grommit in the floor under the passenger side back seat. Mount the DMH unit to the cutout and plug it in.

My switch is mounted in front of the seat controls BTW, a very easy to access and hidden location. I have a McCord BTW, not sure how your DMH disconnects/connects, but it's probably about the same.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:10 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech BTW!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Blur that sounds helpful I'll check out what you suggested.