Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smog with LT's and duals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Smog with LT's and duals?

Not sure where to post this? I have longtubes, no cats, and true duals run out the back. If I go back to a maf tune (HP tuners w/egr & air and rear o2's turned off), can I pass smog by just putting cats on? I was thinking of making flanged removable peices that I could switch out (one with cutouts, one with cats). I am in california unfortunatly. Anyone do something like this? How are those of you with longtubes and duals passing smog? Let me know, thanks.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Cali...i doubt it. In Texas...yes, no OBD II codes = pass.
In Cali (not sure where Turlock is), most of Cali if not all I would guess does the visual, OBD II and sniffer test.
You'll may fail the sniffer because the cats are in difference locations than stock and may not work properly. If they do work right in a difference spot, they may get you on the visual b/c you moved the cats and technically, that's illegal. I think it's gay, but liberal tree huggers run California so it's out of my hands...
Old 01-27-2007, 09:19 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the cats are not in "stock position" you will have a hard time getting it to read correctly for the test.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:20 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, almost forgot! FLP does make a kit however that has swap in cats, but it is a longtube setup which is a pretty much no-go for California.