Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y Pipe ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Y Pipe ?'s

ok well im replacing my headman headers with some QTP longtubes and was wondering what Y pipe are people using with the headers since ive read that there Y pipe is junk.... and does any of our sponsers make one to go with this or can i use my current Y pipe and cut it to fit?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow98Z28
ok well im replacing my headman headers with some QTP longtubes and was wondering what Y pipe are people using with the headers since ive read that there Y pipe is junk.... and does any of our sponsers make one to go with this or can i use my current Y pipe and cut it to fit?
Do those headers have flanges? or the slip fit collectors?

You could always try Pacesetter.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

QTPs are slip-fit collectors, 3".

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are junk though. They have a true merge collector in the Y-pipe, which is a feature I haven't seen in other Y-pipe kits. One could say it is difficult to get a good fit with the Y-pipe, but with a little creativity and alteration (in my case) I am very happy with it.

I know my car dyno'd 10+ more RWHP with standard collector QTPs and their Y-pipe over another car, set-up very similar, on the same dyno, with the same tuner. I think the Y-pipe may have contributed to the difference as the header designs we both very similar (he had Kooks I had standard-collector QTPs at the time).

What else do you want out of a full-3" Y-pipe with a merge collector?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Launching!

i don't have the headers yet.... planning on ordering them

when i i was sayin junk i basiclly was summing up everyones opioion on them that i have read....
Old 02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

You're only options are QTP or Custom. The QTP one looks pretty good flowing because of the collector, which is what I would do if I were to have it custom built anyway. Might as well have it custom built, it would prob come in cheaper and fit better.