Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker headers ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default hooker headers ?

i was looking into getting the Hooke comp. l/t headers and I was wondering what would be the best Y-pipe to get . I was also looking into the Hooker cat-back system . If i got the headers I would most likely get the entire set up . any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go td's
Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

use the hooker y-pipe it tucks up very nicely. im gonna be orderin mine in a few weeks here. my buddy has them on his 01 SS. the only problem with tds is the clearance issue if ur car is low. i have eibach pro kit on my car and my slp y is pretty damn close to the ground. so thats why im not lookin into gettin tds. i really like how the sound. but i dont want scrapping
Old 02-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjkZ28
use the hooker y-pipe it tucks up very nicely. im gonna be orderin mine in a few weeks here. my buddy has them on his 01 SS. the only problem with tds is the clearance issue if ur car is low. i have eibach pro kit on my car and my slp y is pretty damn close to the ground. so thats why im not lookin into gettin tds. i really like how the sound. but i dont want scrapping
You should look into the Bassani True Dual kit. It has good clearance and sounds very refined. It takes the pipes up and over the axle and out the back.

I would go duals, but if you are still looking for a ypipe, get one custom made at an exhaust shop. It will be cheaper and prob fit better than anything out there if they do a good job.